After adding a task, simply click on the task to highlight the task row and the sidebar will appear on the right. This can be done from any views (list, group, Gantt, and calendar views). The sidebar is where all the details are located. Click the Details tab at the top to see the task details and make updates. Making changes here automatically updates the task list. For example, when adding an attachment an attachment icon will appear next to the task description to notify you that an attachment is associated with that task. The following can be done from the Details tab:
- Update the task description by clicking on it, adding your changes, and hitting enter.
- Click the eye icon on the top where it says Task and you'll be taken to the direct link for that task. This can be shared to reference a specific task on a project and also includes the subtasks.
- Flag a task as high priority by clicking on the flag to the right of Details. Flags show up in the task list and are colored red to remain very visible.
- Move a task and all it's subtasks between projects by clicking on the project name and selecting the project you want to move it to from the drop down.
- Set or change the start and end dates by clicking on them.
- Mark a task as private.
- Assign the task to one or multiple people. You can also change the assignees.
- Add one or multiple attachments from your computer, from Dropbox or Google Drive, or as a link. You can also drag and drop files here.
- Click the + button to the right of notes to add notes or comments about the task.
- View all history for that task.
- Delete the task.
To collaborate on a task, click on the comments tab and simply start typing. Comments are instantaneous and anyone assigned to the task will get notified immediately. They will receive a notification badge as soon as you add your comment. Also, you will know which tasks have comments by the comment icon next to each task description in the list. Using comments is a great way to keep track of all communication on a task in one place.
Adding time estimates and actuals
To learn more about using the Time tab, click here.