How can we improve Projecturf ...

freshbooks integration

Would be really nice to have freshbooks integration. We're actually looking to switch to basecamp right now just for the fact of the freshbook integration. We prefer the functionality and interface of projecturf - so we're hoping this can be done.

http://developers.freshbooks.com/

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FMP shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adam Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't use the time tracking in Projecturf because it doesn't have a timer. I can't just guess my time. So I use Freshbook's widget. If Projecturf could create a project in Freshbooks automatically when a project is made, and had a timer that could log hours to Freshbooks projects, I would be in heaven.

• Scott Erickson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was Freshbooks ever integrated? We are happy with Freshbooks and are also going with Basecamp if there isn't simple integration.

• Veraxus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not familiar with FreshBooks, but most financial software supports custom imports. Since PT allows you to export a timesheet as a CSV, you should be able to set up an import rule (by mapping columns) in your invoice/financial package. When it's time to invoice, you can simply export the timesheet CSV and import it into your financial package.

It's not the most straightforward solution, but it works for us... at least until the API is ready (then I'm going to go wild and integrate PT with everything).

• Ryan Krause commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. I'm currently searching for an alternative to projecturf simply for the invoicing compatability... I don't want to be looking but i have too :(

Feedback and Knowledge Base