How can we improve Projecturf ...

Create invoices for clients

An expansion on the suggestion for adding a "client" user. The ability to create invoices for clients that they can pay using paypal or major gateway

64 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

is this project dead? I dont understand why there is a lack of the software that does this? Pancakeapp has the right idea, but its not SAAS. Worketc is overloaded with BS, Mhelpdesk, is a one man operation- Tree.io is a dead project - But they get credit for having the right idea. We do not support clients for free, we obviously want to get paid for what we support; projects, etc - why cant we have an all in one system? Freshbooks only focuses on billing, because, it will eat up the other guys ( zendesk ) and all the other API guys, if they start focusing on support and crm. Sill searching for the best solution, I would appreciate any links to other companies to check out.

• Veraxus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some food for thought when you start taking a look at this...

1. Because many agencies bill in installments, we would need to be able to check off a range of TimeCard entries (an "All" button would be handy too) and generate an invoice from it. The invoice could be saved to the project under a new Invoices tab. We should be able to create an invoice even with no TimeCard entries selected.

2. TimeCard entries that are part of an invoice should have their checkboxes disabled. When the Invoice itself is marked as paid, the included TimeCard entries are automatically checked as well.

3. We should have the ability to choose whether invoices are itemized (show/hide all timecard entries on the invoice) as well as whether cost is displayed for individual items (useful when the bill is flat/contract-rate). We should also be able to override the Invoice total amount and enter any value (again, useful when a bill is a flat/contract rate).

4. A global report that breaks down invoices by project and date (paid, pending, or no invoice). This would be useful for more effectively managing cash flow.

5. Finally, the ability to export an invoices and TimeCard entries as an iif file (QuickBooks format) would be immensely helpful to our accounting folks. I wrote a program that converts the csv, and that's holding us over for now, but it's still a few extra steps that would be nice to cut out.

• Adaptise commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I voted on the other suggestion, but that included stuff like CRM, which isn't as important as the invoicing side of things.
        I've pretty much tried all the various providers out there - Harvest, Freshbooks, Ronin etc. Projecturf already LOOKS similar to Ronin, so perhaps just a simple implementation of the api would work.....?

• Dave - Projecturf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Marc we're hoping in January. We're working on it but also working on some major enhancements with speed, performance, and actions. As soon as those are released this month, we'll be focusing on invoicing. So, the answer is soon :)

• Marc Bijl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Chuck,

Just checked back this topic after a while, but that just sounds great! In that case, projecturf would be a perfect fit for me!

Any idea when this will be available? (I know: it's ready when it's ready. But will it be a matter of weeks, or months?)

• Vail commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not just invoices, but a proposal or quote version as well (perhaps which turns into the invoice later?). This would make projecturf the only tool we need, period.

• Marc Bijl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me payment by paypal wouldn't be the most important thing; rather like to have the ability to send invoices as pdf by e-mail, and have features for translating/editing fields so an invoice can be internationalized.

Feedback and Knowledge Base