Create invoices for clients
An expansion on the suggestion for adding a "client" user. The ability to create invoices for clients that they can pay using paypal or major gateway
Hi Dave, can you give an update about this.. Thank you!
The idea for invoices in Projecturf is not dead. However, we're in the midst of some big things for later this year which are taking priority. We hope to integrate invoicing soon after. Thanks!
is this project dead? I dont understand why there is a lack of the software that does this? Pancakeapp has the right idea, but its not SAAS. Worketc is overloaded with BS, Mhelpdesk, is a one man operation- Tree.io is a dead project - But they get credit for having the right idea. We do not support clients for free, we obviously want to get paid for what we support; projects, etc - why cant we have an all in one system? Freshbooks only focuses on billing, because, it will eat up the other guys ( zendesk ) and all the other API guys, if they start focusing on support and crm. Sill searching for the best solution, I would appreciate any links to other companies to check out.
Some food for thought when you start taking a look at this...
1. Because many agencies bill in installments, we would need to be able to check off a range of TimeCard entries (an "All" button would be handy too) and generate an invoice from it. The invoice could be saved to the project under a new Invoices tab. We should be able to create an invoice even with no TimeCard entries selected.
2. TimeCard entries that are part of an invoice should have their checkboxes disabled. When the Invoice itself is marked as paid, the included TimeCard entries are automatically checked as well.
3. We should have the ability to choose whether invoices are itemized (show/hide all timecard entries on the invoice) as well as whether cost is displayed for individual items (useful when the bill is flat/contract-rate). We should also be able to override the Invoice total amount and enter any value (again, useful when a bill is a flat/contract rate).
4. A global report that breaks down invoices by project and date (paid, pending, or no invoice). This would be useful for more effectively managing cash flow.
5. Finally, the ability to export an invoices and TimeCard entries as an iif file (QuickBooks format) would be immensely helpful to our accounting folks. I wrote a program that converts the csv, and that's holding us over for now, but it's still a few extra steps that would be nice to cut out.
We've been focusing on finalizing our iPhone app and some other improvements to the app. Once we get all of that finalized we'll be able to look at invoicing again.
Any word on this? It would be a BFD for us.
Any update on this? I voted on the other suggestion, but that included stuff like CRM, which isn't as important as the invoicing side of things.
I've pretty much tried all the various providers out there - Harvest, Freshbooks, Ronin etc. Projecturf already LOOKS similar to Ronin, so perhaps just a simple implementation of the api would work.....?
Freshbooks has already developed a VERY nice system for this. With a developer API that Projecturf can tap into. Vote for integration with Freshbooks! It'll be good for projecturf too because of the exposure they'll get from the millions of Freshbook users
Thnx for the reply Chuck,
very much appreciated and really looking forward!
@Marc we're hoping in January. We're working on it but also working on some major enhancements with speed, performance, and actions. As soon as those are released this month, we'll be focusing on invoicing. So, the answer is soon :)
Just checked back this topic after a while, but that just sounds great! In that case, projecturf would be a perfect fit for me!
Any idea when this will be available? (I know: it's ready when it's ready. But will it be a matter of weeks, or months?)
Not just invoices, but a proposal or quote version as well (perhaps which turns into the invoice later?). This would make projecturf the only tool we need, period.
Thanks Marc, we're working on this actually.
For me payment by paypal wouldn't be the most important thing; rather like to have the ability to send invoices as pdf by e-mail, and have features for translating/editing fields so an invoice can be internationalized.