How can we improve Projecturf ...

Moving other future tasks dynamically when one particular task is moved

Hello. I work with many tasks across one project and in 99% of cases with our clients, project schedules overrun, either by not getting client feedback in good time or reasons beyond our control.

My intention is to use the Gantt view to alter project timescales accordingly, but this proves a nightmare when early on in the project, in that each bar has to be moved according to the days lapsed. I was wondering if there's a way when moving one Gantt bar across, it automatically moved everything else beneath it dynamically - after all, time is time and if one element of a project pushes back, it essentially pushes everything else back.

This could also dynamically change the calendar view and even when inputting the task dates manually.

It'd be great if this could be developed upon and made a personal setting - because I appreciate not everyone would want it.

Many thanks in advance.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Matt Preston shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Shane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After watching the YouTube videos by Mike P on Projecturf I realize this may have been developed for web/tech companies. The Gantt features requested in this idea would open up the market to construction/developers. The functionality already offered in PT is great but why not broaden the horizons?

• Shane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have traditionally used MS Visio for Gantts but as a recent user of Projecturf would find it functional if two or more events were connected or dependent on A before B. It seems Matt was on the same idea. Often projects will have a task take longer than expected and if Task A is extended then all other tasks dependent on it will dynamically adjust.

Feedback and Knowledge Base