How can we improve Projecturf ...

Timecard Daily Totals

Would be great to create much more detailed timesheet reporting (for my bookkeeper, hehe). I need overviews for each and every day: which tasks did I spend my 8 hours (or more) on?

56 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Marc Bijl shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Veraxus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Like Phillip, I've addressed our concerns on this issue here: http://projecturf.uservoice.com/forums/63449-suggestions/suggestions/1498085-add-hour-estimates-to-tasks

We have the same needs and BADLY needs some tools for managing not just individual projects, but teams and time allocation for employees on a global scale (project independent). That link explains exactly what features are needed to accomplish this in the short term, and they should be relatively simple, doable updates.

• Phillip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

GANTT charting needs to be adaptable for managers of projects, not just project managers. For managers who are looking to see a 1,000 foot view of their employee availability per hour, day or even per project per week. It should be customizable to allow a view of all employees on a calendar basis to show clients what projects we are working on with their individual project, or for ourselves to see if we can or cannot take more work on. GANTT charting is almost there, yet it still needs this oomph to give it the ability to show the owner what we are doing with our employees individual time. . . thoughts?

I kind of agree with this. Projecturf works great for small teams and individuals, but it really falls apart at the management level. Some additional reports are BADLY needed.

For instance, how do we find out where staff have been allocating their time? A report showing which projects employees were working on for a given period and on which days would be very helpful - and the GANTT chart just doesn't do that.

We're running into this too. Having employees feeding time data into the system is useful (even if very, very clunky at the moment) - but we have to go back and massage the reports afterwards to figure out which employees spent how much time on what days.

Beyond that, how much time each day was spent on which projects?

There's a LOT of room for the Timesheet system to grow, but it really needs some employee-time-per-day reports... and badly.

• Marc Bijl commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Actually, a bit like the export option does, but then reported as a nice pdf, with the ability to select range (week, month year, etc), projects (one specific project, multiple projects, or all projects), client, etc. etc.

I've had excellent experiences with Freeagentcentral (accounting webapp): "At any stage in a project you can generate flexible and professional time tracking reports, broken down by Contact, Project, User and Tasks. If necessary, these can be printed off as high quality PDFs and submitted to the client, something especially useful for contractors."

• Dave - Projecturf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The reports will give you insight into what people are working on and the days they span, but there are no plans at this time to show the number of hours available by person each day.

• john commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes and no, i'm thinking for reports for management and team development.

Looking to set 8hrs work per day per person and linking tasks times and seeing if that person is over worked or underwork etc

• Dave - Projecturf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our Gantt Chart should be what you're looking for. We've been working on it for a while now. It's almost ready. It should be out in a few weeks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base