How can we improve Projecturf ...

Task Dependency

You have absolutely the best product, but it is missing two great features! We need to be able to create tasks that recur (say a task to remind us to generate a monthly invoice for a client every month) AND we need to be able to have the option to have one task begin once a different task has been completed. So, like others have done, maybe have a spot in the add a task screen next to start date that says start when... and a dropdown box that lists other project associated tasks ..... is complete. This would help a ton when planning large projects over a large group of people with flexible deadlines.

392 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
M Hoffman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • emma brodie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree, this would save us so much time and would ensure the project runs efficiently.

• Lynsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree, this is essential - it'd save a lot of unnecessary admin.

• Benjamin Wong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Task dependency is essential. It's a total pain to have to move all the dates of multiple tasks if one key task has been delayed (happens all the time in project management). I love using Projecturf, but I'm looking at other options because task dependency is so critical.

• Mike Stroven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'll add my voice to the list of those needing task dependency. Also, the gantt feature is nice, but setting a hard end-date/time should be replaced by a "task duration" computation, preferably that also includes a "loading factor" calculation. For instance, I enter a task, set it's start date (or prior dependency), then enter the hours required, and the person/persons assigned to it. Based on the commitment/loading level of the assigned people, the duration should be automatically entered.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been evaluating a host of project management tools this week. So far, projecturf ranks #1 ––however, this is the only feature that's missing from my list of "Most Needed Features"

• Andreas Lolk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dependent tasks are crucial for the use of the system in any project management...

It's great for controlling your projects, but also to make sure the right order in your project gets started as it should

• Jonathan Rodwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No1: Priority - AND we need to be able to have the option to have one task begin once a different task has been completed

• Jonathan Rodwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Priority for us is - "AND we need to be able to have the option to have one task begin once a different task has been completed"

• Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just created the recurring tasks as a separate suggestion, in case it gets recognized more easily by users. Because this one is actually two features (both valuable though, in my opinion).

Might be a good idea to vote for the single feature 'recurring tasks' as well, this is the url: http://projecturf.uservoice.com/forums/63449-suggestions/suggestions/2299529-repeating-tasks-recurring-tasks-

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully agree. I would love to see fully dynamic task dependencies, alerts/notices of impacted tasks due to an overdue task, and dynamic changes to the project timeline as a task becomes overdue (selectable of course).

• Jamon Holmgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Task dependency is the only real thing keeping my team from using ProjecTurf. Right now we're using a custom system we built and...guess what...it has excellent task dependency (and yes it was very easy to implement).

• Henry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would need recurring tasks as well, event calendar does not seem to let you check off what has been done? Or please explain how to accomplish

• Gerard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me it is mostly about the dependent tasks. Project management without it seems really impossible to me. I'd love to use projecturf but simply can't without it.

I think this is one feature mostly desired by people NOT using your software yet, so it won't get voted on much. People who use your service obviously didn't need it, that's why they use it now. But for non-users I am quite sure this is often the deal-breaker.

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm interested in recurring tasks as well. Can you explain how to use the Calendar to make this happen?

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base