How can we improve Projecturf ...

Add ability to select which contact(s) to send email notifications too in discussions.

It would be nice if I could send the email notification for a discussion to a specific contact so that I can avoid sending it to everyone.

55 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    haaps shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • evidentmarketing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My staff and I share files in progress and I don't want to notify the client until I've approved. I would just love to be able to select which user group will get the notification. It's too easy to accidentally send a notice to clients and confuse them.

• RobinWoodall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Everyone who has access to a document/design/whiteboard gets flooded with emails when anyone makes a comment. Many times I need to give a group access but only need to communicate with one or two people. If I am to keep these communications logged in the project everyone is emailed.

I don't want to get to the point where they are just deleting them without first looking because of the volume of emails that do not pertain to them.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. It would be nice if the discussion permissions were the same as the tasks and calendar where you can check the "make private" box if needed. This way you can send an email notification to only the people you need to, but, unless you've specifically made the discussion private, others can still see the discussion and make comments. I'm not sure why they don't do this for everything (documents, whiteboards, etc.) as it seems to add the most flexibility to the system.

• laura commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I too would like an expansion of the email notify feature. I need to include stakeholders to be able to view things but not get emails on everything that is entered into the system.

• J. Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some steps to rethink/re-envision the notification process are welcome. I expect many corporate environments are still shackled to email (like mine) and need some help rethinking how to communicate/notify. Mass emails just feed into this mentality. Maybe a good "how to" video to help explain too.

Feedback and Knowledge Base